.-How are you gonna know what a dream is...if you've never completed one.
.-How are you gonna know what an adventure is...if you never undertook one.
... .-How are you gonna know what anguish is...if you never told your family and friends "see you soon" with your eyes full of tears.
.-How are you gonna know what desperation is...if you never arrived in a place, alone, without understanding anything the others were saying
.-How are you gonna know what it means to miss someone...if you've never been away from home
.-How are you gonna know what diversity is...if you've never shared under the same roof with people from all over the world
.-How are you gonna know what tolerance is...if you've never had to get used to something different, even if you don't like it.
.-How are you gonna know what independence is...if you've never had to make decisions for yourself.
.-How are you gonna know what it means to grow...if you never quit being a child to start in a new direction.
.-How are you gonna know what disability is...if you've never had to urge to hug someone, but the computer screen got in your way
.-How are you gonna know what distance is...if you've never looked at a map and said "Wow, I'm far"
.-How are you gonna know what a language is...if youve never had to learn one to make friends
.-How are you gonna know what patriotism is...if you've never shouted "I love my country" holding a flag in the hand.
.-How are you gonna know what a party is...if you've never traveled hours to go to one
.-How are you gonna know what true reality is...if you've never had the opportunity to see many different ones so you can create your own.
.-How are you gonna know what an opportunity is...if you've never taken advantage of one
.-How are you gonna know what pride is...if you never felt it for yourself when you realize what you've accomplished.
.-How are you gonna know what it means to seize the moment...if you've never seen how time passed through your hands with great strides
.-How are you gonna know what a friend is...if the circumstances never taught you which ones are real
.-How are you gonna know what a family is...if you've never had one that supported you unconditionally
.-How are you gonna know what your boundaries are...if you've never passed them to see what lies beyond.
.-How are you gonna know what money is...if you never had to manage it to get along.
.-How are you gonna know what imagination is...if you've never thought about the moment you get back home
.-How are you gonna know what the world is...if you never were an exchange sudent!
- Order doesnt matter when your in line (if they want it they will get it)
- They sell beer and wine EVERYWHERE! (movies, every store, schools)
- The radio stations have no theme they just play whatever they want
- Carrots are in everything!
- Water and ketchup costs money...Everything costs money
- All cars are stick not automatic
- A three story building is like a national monument.
- Stoplights go green, yellow, red, yellow. Not green yellow red.
- Danes dont hold doors open for people or say excuse me when they want you to move. They will just push you.
- Swearing in class is normal (Even the teachers do it)
- They call their teachers by their first name
- Eat everything with a knife and fork (pizza, bread, everything)
- They are very shy at first
- They are VERY competitive
- They wear swim suits as shorts (guys)
- They dont understand accents at all!
- Beer is cheaper than soda or water
- Little kids take the bus and train alone
- They drink a lot of tea and cofee and have set tea times
- When the teacher is sick you just get that class off (no subs)
- They hang their clothes up to dry
- They think that a hour drive is far far away
- They dont have fabric softener!
- The mom usually does everyones wash.
- Trackers can drive on the road and are used like a car
- It is normal for girls to stay at guys houses even if they are not dating
- They have a 4-hole punch not a 3-hole punch and the binders have 2 rings not 3
- They raise their finger in class not there hand.
- They put random obstacles in the road....And round abouts where there should be an intersection.
- No one says bless you after you sneeze.
- Every party has a pre party
- Everyone participates in class and is eager to learn because it is not the law to go to high school.
- You stay with the same class, all day every day.
- No tipping at restaurants unless you are feeling generous.
- No one likes peanut butter.
- Teachers just leave you alone in a classroom and expect you to do your work.
- Everyone brings their laptop to school.
- Everything is closed on sundays except for the first sunday of every month.
- Everything closes early (6/7)
- All cars are manual, its rare to find automatic.
- People either have the most high tech phones (iphones) or the crappiest, low tech phones. There is no in between. (Same with cars)
- People ride their bikes EVERYWHERE!
- When watching any game the clock counts up not down!